5.20.2012

Audrey and Ralph

There are days when words fail me - or perhaps when I fail words.  Those days when you can't express your heart; for most of these instances it is music that fills those voids.  I love music - all types really because many times it is the poetry of the writer or the tone of the notes that expresses something within me that would otherwise go unvoiced.  Sometimes it is song lyrics that fills this void, but other times it is quotes from people who have done this thing before and leave their words behind to give voices to those who might not be so eloquent.  So I thought I would leave you with a few of my favorite quotes as they are something that I love and that inspires me!  These quotes help me to remember that I am not alone on this journey...




I love Audrey Hepburn - so classy and elegant and apparently brilliant!  It helps me look for that which is good in people because the bad is so much easier to find yet so counterproductive.


Source: google.com via nicole on Pinterest


I had to learn this poem in the 8th grade in Mrs. Jeanne Rowland's class, and it has stuck with me.  I want desperately to succeed by this definition especially that one life breathed easier because I existed.




Oh how I long for "it's time" - the patience to see things or people be made beautiful is quite a virtue that I am working on everyday!




Finally, I love this quote because throughout my life there have been times when I have had to trust God's character and what I know of Him regardless of my circumstances or what I am seeing.  The added bonus of this being from the Holocaust - someone thought this that has experienced far worse circumstances than I could ever dream of.  The faith of this person is so encouraging and incredible and humbling - if this person can trust Him through the Holocaust, why do I struggle trusting Him through everyday life?


Source: etsy.com via nicole on Pinterest


I had to have just one more - I like the movement this quote implies. Do something.  Go be whatever it is these quotes inspire.  Gandhi said you must be the change you wish to see in the world.  Change starts with you and me!

I hope these quotes inspire you, and I would love to read some of the quotes that inspire you!

Much Love,
Colie


No comments:

Post a Comment