2.06.2010

walls!

Some times people put up walls, not to keep people away. But to see who cares enough to tear those walls down. Sophia Bush as Brooke Davis This quote is from One Tree Hill, and it doesn't really matter if you like the show or if you really have no idea what One Tree Hill is. Really read the quote and think about it! I think this describes me perfectly.

I have been burned pretty badly, and can I tell you that I doubt everyone including myself. For the longest time, it was so difficult to trust anyone even my best friends and family and sometimes even God. I knew that He had a plan for me, but I just didn't know if my plan and His were the same. It took me a really long time to even realize that I had been so closed off - I would not let anyone past the surface. This is still a struggle for me.

I admit it - I have walls put up around my heart, and its pretty difficult to get in, really in. However, that doesn't mean I don't want people to try. I want someone to break down those walls! I am still working on letting people in. Its scary to let people in cause they might leave and it hurts so much when that happens!

After realizing that I was doing this to God, I really have begun to try to let myself open up to Him again. Doing Bible Studies, living out God's love to people, and trying to know Him more because I know that is the only way to trust Him.

But I am trying...

No comments:

Post a Comment