1.24.2010

day whatever it is!

Okay so while sitting in church this morning, I suppose I had an epiphany that I think has been coming since the new year began. Very recently I was told that I am sitting on the bench of my own life - that I needed to get in the game. I tried to just blow it off, not to worry about it. After all, who was this little piss ant that thought he knew me? But this idea would not go away... Stupid piss ant! And today I realized that I have been sitting on the bench. I think I was so scared that if I got in the game, I would not be good enough at anything and I would fail but failure is not trying. Then I realized that I do this in most of the areas of my life - my career, a relationship, weight loss, new friends, etc. If I don't know I will succeed at something then I choose not to do it. How crazy is that?

I know this is probably really deep for a blog, but I don't care. If you read it then great, if not then you are missing out. I have chosen from now on to be in the game. I don't care what people think. I am Colie - slightly odd but I prefer unique, sometimes shy, extremely nerdy, somewhat flirtatious without that intent, kind of bossy at times, and scared to death to fail at life. I signed up for the boot camp at church, and I just want to give this precious life I have been given my all. So away with procrastination, laziness, insecurity, and self-doubt.

This life is too short to spend it worrying about crazy stuff that doesn't really matter. I want my life to bring honor and glory to God, and I am going to stop making excuses for why I don't think He should use me.

No comments:

Post a Comment