1.18.2010

day two

Can I just tell you that I am a horrible student? I am taking graduate classes at a local university, and I am the student that waits to the last minute on everything, I turn things in late, and my papers are never as long as they are supposed to be. I have a 25 page paper due the second week of february, and I have not even decided on a topic yet. Also I have not even started on the annotated bibliography due in my other class. Did I mention I have a degree in teaching and my teaching license? So I am pretty much the student that would get on my own nerves!

All of this to say I had class tonight, and the guy the school deems to be the professor is an arrogant jerk which I suppose I should expect it from a "historian." Really, after working all day, do you really want to go listen to a man who loves the sound of his own voice? You know there is all of this work being done to help teachers make the elementary and high school classrooms more interactive and hands-on and visually stimulating. Then you get to college and they expect you to be completely okay with sitting in a lecture for an hour or longer and learn just as much if not more. I am a visual learner - I need to see what you are talking about to really take information in so this lecture format drives me crazy and does nothing for me!

Maybe thats why I really want to teach history cause there needs to be a visual history teacher that can get history across to visual learners. History can be interesting but you have to be prepared and give them something to look at, to remember!

Okay so that was my venting session. So I have to admit to you that I am really trying to eat more healthy, and I find that so difficult to do on these nights when I go from work to school. I end up eating whatever I can find and its usually really late. I need help... any ideas?!

Well this was definitely more of a vent/therapy session for me today. I hope any and all readers have a wonderful day tomorrow! Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment