3.17.2011

Inspiration and Vision

I am such a visual person - I think in pictures.  It's almost as though there is a never ending movie reel going in my head.  When I read books or plays or well anything, I see the actions take place in my head.  (Possible explanation as to why I love history so much!)  I also love words - its completely amazing that these little things possess such power! To me, the best writers are those that make me see their vision and their inspiration with their words.  This week, I have been looking for my own personal inspiration and vision.  I found some of what I was looking for, and I thought I would share it with you. 

First, the past few weeks have a little of the dramatic side, and my amazing mother, pointed me to Psalm 37.  I love the entire psalm, but I want to share a couple of my favorite verses -
    "Trust in the Lord and do good, dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.  Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."  "But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord, He is their strength in time of trouble."  Psalm 37: 3-4, 39

Also I visited with a very good friend this week who reminded me of who I am - we met in college and have been good friends for a long time.  We read through skits - which may not sound like fun and excitement for anyone else, but it was exciting to get back to what I am passionate about.  Drama, acting whether live or on video is such a powerful resource in worship - almost a modern day parable - using everyday experiences to illustrate a Biblical point. 

Finally today, it has been such a beautiful day, I went around my house and grabbed just some pictures of my greatest inspirations.  I am blessed with a crazy sister who is just as visual and more artistic than I am.  So I hope these inspire you as much as they inspired me.


The Sky - oh so amazing!

Trees - you know I have a thing for trees!

Something about the sun and the shadows and light...

Weather for capris and relaxing!

Green and sun in the window

This is the view from the kitchen window and I heart it!



No comments:

Post a Comment